81 days on market
Queenslander on 2.5 acres CLOSE TO THE CITY!
Its not often a house like this comes on the market. If youve been wanting to have the tranquil lifestyle of the country but not want the hassle of travelling great distances to work and activities, t.. Show more >
Its not often a house like this comes on the market. If youve been wanting to have the tranquil lifestyle of the country but not want the hassle of travelling great distances to work and activities, then your dream has come true.
Set amongst trees and meandering hills, sits this large residence in a quiet paradise. Wallabies, possums, lizards, an abundance of birdlife and yes, even koalas, call this property home. It is hard to believe its only 16kms to the Brisbane CBD! A leisurely 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive and you are in the convenience of the suburbs, with the Ferny Grove train station, Shopping Centres, Primary Schools and High School, Petrol Station, Ferny Grove Bistro and Medical Centres, all just down the road.
For those seeking self-sufficiency, this property has you covered. A 44,000L water tank for the main residence plus a 22,000L tank for the gardens = minimal or no water costs. 20 x Solar Panels = Reduced electricity bills. A large veggie garden = Reduced food bills. Theres a Bio-Cycle and a plumbed LPG Gas system too.
The home is a beautiful double story Queenslander. Not a pretend pine Queenslander that you often find nowadays. This is an original hardwood solid building. It boasts 5 bedrooms plus an extra-large study, that could easily be a media room, 6th bedroom or home office - It's perfect for todays 'work from home' situations. With 3 bathrooms and multiple living areas, big or dual families can be easily accommodated.
The Timber Oak Kitchen is filled with an abundance of overhead cupboards and drawers, meaning ample storage for all your pots, pans and appliances. There is an adjacent meals area with views out to the garden, plus space and plumbing for a huge double fridge. A large island granite bench is surrounded by more granite bench space on all sides. A central double-sink with a Bosch dishwasher, Bosch cooktop and a Smeg oven complete the kitchen.
A servery window opens out onto the large undercover timber deck, making entertaining a breeze. Matching beautiful concertina doors and screen, open up the meals area, creating even more room for you to enjoy and/or entertain guests.
Sitting on the deck with a beverage watching wallabies keep your lawn down, you can be forgiven for thinking you are in a secluded getaway retreat.
A 2nd timber deck at the front of the house is perfect for catching the morning sun and enjoying some quiet time with your partner, with perhaps a nice cuppa, while hand feeding the King parrots to start the day.
Queenslander houses are set up to maximise the natural breezes and reduce the need for artificial cooling, however, this house can handle those extra hot or cold days. Ducted cooling/heating for the upstairs bedrooms and living areas, plus a reverse cycle air conditioner in the large office. Downstairs is another reverse cycle air conditioner to guarantee a comfortable temperature for you, all year round.
Downstairs there is plenty of room for the kids or extended family. Three bedrooms (two with WIRs), a kitchenette, main bathroom and a rumpus room provides them their own private space or perfect for having guests/family over to visit.
The owner is an experienced Cricket Coach and there is a cricket net and pitch built on the property, for any aspiring cricketers or could easily be transformed into a golf practice net.
For the handyperson, there is a huge 120 sqm triple bay powered shed with mezzanine floors and a central ceiling pitch that could easily accommodate a decent sized boat or machinery. There is also a small garden shed at the back and another shelter to store a ride on mower and more. The gardens have been landscaped with extensive pathways, retainer walls and beautiful plants throughout this two-and-a-half-acre property.
Fruit trees are plentiful including lime, lemons, avocado, plums, grapefruit, mandarin, tangelo and mango and a veggie garden set up and equipped with a watering system.
* Traditional polished flooring
* Master Bedroom with large WIR
* Luxurious ensuite with double shower & basins, separate toilet, heated towel rack and 3-in-1 Heat light
* Renovated main bathroom with spa bath and luxurious fittings
* Huge 2nd bedroom with WIR and access to main bathroom.
* 6.5m x 3m air conditioned Home office, 6th Bedroom or Media room with acoustic carpet, numerous power outlets and internet access points
* Beautiful oak kitchen with island bench, granite benchtops and servery out to the covered deck
* Gorgeous concertina doors open out to make the already large meals area even bigger
* Ceiling fans and ducted reverse cycle air con plus a separate air con in the office
* Gigantic storage cupboards
* 3 large bedrooms 2 with WIRs
* 3rd Bathroom with massive space
* Kitchenette plus laundry
* Large rumpus/Kids retreat area
* Acoustic carpet on bedroom walls
* Reverse cycle air con in rumpus area
* Study nook
* Perfect independent living space for teenagers, extended family or guests
* 10000 sqm consisting of landscaped gardens and natural bushland
* Hundreds of metres of rock walls and paths
* 100m concrete driveway
* Cricket net (powered) with optional bowling machine
* Enclosed back yard with childrens cubby house and two basketball rings
* Massive 10m x 12m, 3 bay powered shed with mezzanine floors
* Veggie garden with watering system
* 44,000L plus 22,000L water storage capacity
* Biocycle system
* 20 solar panels
* Space for many vehicles to park
If you love wildlife and the peace and quiet of country living but want to stay close to everything - you have found it!
Note: all the photos of animals are from the property.
To enquire, TEXT this Code *ENZK* to the mobile number displayed (you will immediately receive a number to call) or click 'Get in Touch/Email Agent to send an email direct.
Disclaimer. You are advised that you should conduct your own due diligence and not rely on this information, including but not limited to, the pr Show less